Friday, March 6, 2009

A sister from another mister?!?






I have a new BFF! When we met, it felt like I was catching up with an old friend, not meeting somebody new. Her name is Lola Montgomery, and she's the midday host and music director for 100.7 The Wolf. She is "TheBomb.com/info.gov"! My frequency and hers seem to align whenever we're together and I can't get enough of it. I even joined Facebook, something I've been avoiding for a long time, because she encouraged me to. Lola's going through a rough time right now: Her husband has terminal cancer, she's new to Seattle and she's at the helm of a struggling station. When we get together though, I think she has enough fun that she forgets the negatives and gets high on the positives!!!


I'm thinking Lola is going to be a "lifetimer", as in some one I will be friends with for life. She's the type of person I could go years without seeing, and then pick up right where we left off.


Not only is she the craziest, funniest broad I know, she's also a country radio legend. Being around her inspires me to chase after my dreams, no matter how unlikely they may seem. Heck, I'm starting to want to be a DJ. If she has a blast doing it, I know I would, too. I could be a really good country jock, but with my love for music, I could rock almost any format!


We'll see about that, but regardless, I'm just so glad that the universe keeps putting people like Lola in my path. I'm in a heightened state of social/emotional stimulation, and I'm loving every minute of it!

No comments: